A Loose Confederation of Evil Forum Index
A Loose Confederation of Evil Forum Index Game Log Issue 19: "Out of Time"
View previous topic :: View next topic
Fri May 12, 2006 10:34 pm
Polaris

Post subject: Issue 19: "Out of Time"
April 7, 2006

"Short" version:

After fighting some dinosaurs on Vanuatu, then finding Dementia in a bottle, Al finishes the repairs and takes the group to meet Chronomancer in his secret base station orbiting the moon. After going back and forth for a bit on what to do next, the group figures out that *gasp* Chronomancer is actually Mycroft. Well, Mycroft mentally fucked over by long conversations with Corrupter on philosophical entropy, merged with the backup copy of Trickster that Polaris was experimenting on. Yes, we have met the enemy, and we made him. Ooops. Naturally, he wants to kill his "parents." Don't all good super-villains? During the fight, Polaris sets off an EMP, which Chronomancer/Mycroft/Chipster somehow uses to hurl everyone back in time.

Dr. Science winds up back in 1972 where he proceeds to look up Dr. Severus at the nuthouse and ask how to destroy the Covenant. Somehow this works out so that Dr. Science gives Dr. Severus the brass head demon's true name, and no longer remembers it himself. I'm sure it all made sense at the time.

Liliana winds up back in Slodovia's past, meets her great-grandfather, kills his enemies, and...marries him. So that's how it is in that family.

Polaris lands in the middle of a battlefield in WWII France. She proceeds to slaughter everyone within 10 miles, then moves on to Paris for what can only be described as a destructive orgy, the highlight of which is turning the Eiffel tower into a giant swastika. Then she finds a nearby farm, kills the family living there and has a cigarette...I mean, takes a nap.

Dementia finds herself back in the Inquisition. After a merry romp with some Templars, she kills them all.

Older Trickster finds himself in the trailer park in New Jersey where he grew up. Coming upon his younger self at the moment when his powers manifested and killed his abusive father, he sees boy Trickster actually miss (tip - it's easier to hit your target when your eyes are open), so he takes care of the job himself.

You'll note, the whole going-back-in-time thing doesn't actually kill any of them - although it does kill a bunch of other people.

At this point, Cliff Archer, Time Corp party pooper, shows up looking for the key, and begins retrieving people, starting with older Trickster, then Polaris, then Dementia. Liliana can't be retrieved however, since she has "woven herself into the time stream" which apparently is Time Corp code for "fucked her great-grandfather and became her own great-grandmother." Next is Corrupter, who appears to have become the Soviet version of Dr. Mengele in another WWII era. Lastly, they pick up Dr. Science.

Since none of them have the key, Cliff dumps them at their old base...or at least, its smoking rubble. Wonderful. This is when older Trickster remembers that his younger self has the key, so it's off to New York, where everyone gets to watch the two Tricksters argue with each other and pass fake keys around. Older Trickster finally gets possession of the real deal, just in time for a demon to show up looking for it. Another battle ensues, with the key getting tossed around, hacked at, buried, etc., while Corrupter gets horribly mangled by the demon. In the end, Cliff is given the key and disappears in the time cube, at which point the Justice Legion shows up. All might be lost, except they, too, have to deal with the demon. In the end, everyone but older Trickster gets away, the demon is defeated, and Cliff later appears in the Time Cube to rescue older Trickster and take him home.

I've held a fusion reactor together. What have you done lately?

"Hey, I don't eat souls, I kill people. There's a difference."

Last edited by Polaris on Sat May 13, 2006 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat May 13, 2006 6:32 pm
Dr.Science

Post subject:
Thanks Kris, that was a hoot of a log! The snide comments about Liliana's fate were esp. funny.

If you can manage to post the next log soon, I'd appreciate it. I want to try and do some planning ahead of time, and for that I need to know what happened after I left.

Best,

Mark

"I want to make Arsenal a wholly-owned subsidiary of Evil Co."

"So, I will devote a substantial part of my intellect to not fucking up."
Thu May 18, 2006 7:41 pm
Polaris

Post subject:
Short version's up.

I've held a fusion reactor together. What have you done lately?

"Hey, I don't eat souls, I kill people. There's a difference."
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: